Updated March 30, 2020 at 3:00pm
Based on the new directive from Governor Cuomo to “pause” NYS until April 15th and President Trumps extension until April 30th in an effort to control the spread of Coronavirus, Afrim’s Sports has decided to continue to keep our facilities closed during this time.
Starting Friday, March 13th, tentatively through April 30th, we will be making the following changes:
- Youth and adult league games at all Afrim’s Sports locations will be suspended and rescheduled to start after reopening
- Soccer Kidz, Sports Kidz, Football Kidz, and Go2Goal Academy classes will be suspended and rescheduled to start after reopening
- Booked parties and events during this time period at all facilities will be rescheduled
- Open Bounce will not be available until further notice
- Our restaurant, Tavern on The Turf will be closed until further notice
The plan is to shift any current and new league seasons to start after April 30th, unless we’re able to reopen sooner. With seasons being suspended (not canceled), we will not be issuing refunds at this time.
The health of our customers, employees, and their families is our top priority and the decision to close our facilities in the midst of the evolving Coronavirus situation is the right one.
We are working out details and will have more to share soon.
Be safe and we hope to see you again soon!
The Afrim’s Sports Team
Updated March 13, 2020 at 9:30am
To the Afrim Sports Community:
Out of an abundance of caution and based on the current local COVID-19 climate, Afrim Sports will be “suspending all activities” temporarily.
All leagues and programs will be temporarily postponed, and will be restarted when the facility reopens.
During this time, Afrim’s Sports will be actively monitoring the situation and will provide updates as soon as possible.
We will also provide regular updates through emails, website and social media.
We thank you for patience and continued support.
We hope that everyone stays safe.