Looking to get in-shape!?
Check out the Afrim’s Sports Fitness Center located at the Afrim’s Sports Colonie location.
Yes, you will need a Fitness Membership ONLY to use the Fitness Center. You can view the different types of memberships in the section located to the right.
- No children under the age of 18 unsupervised
- Put away equipment after use.
- Use provided spray and towels to clean equipment after use.
- Do not drop weights.
- No food allowed.
- Sport drinks ONLY.
Yes, Check out Shields Fitness below!
Visit the Afrim’s Sports Colonie location, and anyone at the front desk can help you setup a membership. Your membership will start immediately after paying.
We emphasize the importance of explosive movement. One can never be too quick. The first 3 steps will make you or break you. With our extensive plyo-metric, resistance, and agility training, we guarantee an improvement in speed and quickness for all our athletes.
Resistance training can provide significant functional benefits and improvement in overall health and well-being while strengthening and toning muscle. Resistance Training utilizes kettle bells, free weights, dumbbells, chains, bands, tractor tires and most importantly, your own body weight.
Core Strength is an important part of fitness. It reduces the chances of spinal injuries and lower back pain and improves athletic performance. The result is better balance and coordination while giving you more defined buttocks and abs. Core Strength Training utilizes medicine balls, stability balls, suspension trainers, ropes, and sandbags.
- Joe Shields is certified as a Strength + Conditioning Coach, and a Football Preparation Specialist.
- Joe has worked with athletes at every level, from Grade School, High School, Division I/II/III college athletes in Soccer, Football, Basketball, Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Hockey, Tennis, Volleyball, & Field Hockey.
- Joe has also worked with athletes from the:
– National Football League, Major League Lacrosse, Major League Baseball, & Professional Soccer.
– Hartwick College Men’s Lacrosse as a Strength & Conditioning Coach
– The Alleycats Soccer Club
– Blackwatch Soccer Club
– Colonie Soccer Club
– Rogue Lacrosse Club
– Shenendehowa Softball
– Shaker Girls Lacrosse
- Joe also trains clients preparing for candidate physical ability tests with the F.B.I, DEA, NYS Police, Sheriffs Department, & various Fire Department Agencies.
- Emma Shields is a certified Strength Training & Conditioning Coach.
- Emma has also worked with athletes at every level.
- Emma has helped hundreds of clients with Strength Training & overall wellness.